High-end image scanning services...

dj

I'm building an affiliate store for [hasselblad cameras|http://www.hasselbladzone.com] (high-end Swedish film cameras) and it's a bit thin right now for content. I would like to add a directory page listing trade shops that still provide scanning services using drum scanners and the like.

I know these shops are dying off but there is still at least one in Vancouver for example. Can anybody post a link to any shops they know are still operating?

thx for any leads you can offer

Re: High-end image scanning services...

Not sure if he scans commercially - but he does superb drum scans and uses Hasselblad - and has won Benny awards for his work printed at that shop in Vancouver:
Dick Busher
Cosgrove Editions
7042 20th Place NE
Seattle, WA 98115
206-524-6726 phone

Hi DJ,

My company provides drum scanning services.
Actually, it turned into our primary source of income. Go figure!

-ian

I don't know how broad an area you want to cover, but there's a group in St. Louis called Top Graphics who are running an old Crosfield scanner. They do very nice work.

Hi,

We still operate a Fuji Celsis 6250. Doesn't get as much use as it used to, but still produces better colour than any direct digital capture.

Blanchette Press
7500 River Road, Richmond B.C.
604-270-9421

Hello DJ,

My company still provides high end Drum Scanning, Flatbed Scanning, Prepress, Color Correction, Image Retouch and Rendering for the Packaging, Publishing, Manufacturing, Advertising and Printing industries.

Brian Norris
Norris Litho Company
605 Main Street
Hanover, MA 02339
Ph. 781.871.0644
[email protected]

You may add my info to your directory.

Thank you,
Brian

We do great drum scans on our Heidelberg Primescan as well as a full range of premedia services including digital photography. It's not just the equipment, it's our expertise that keeps clients calling. We also do digital printing to litho quality on our Indigo press.
Total Graphics Inc
Burnaby (Vancouver) Canada
www.totalgraphics.com

Edited by: Murray Todd on Jun 19, 2008 1:51 PM

Okay, thanks for the posts, that's great. I've collected them all so far and posted them here:
[Film scans for hasselblad.|http://www.hasselbladzone.com/hasselblad_drum_scan]

I'll continue to update that page every once a couple of weeks or so, until I have a nice geographic range of listings.

thx again, DJ

Cosgrove is a top notch place.

Iridio in Seattle does a great job with their digital photography and drum scanning. I think they still use Hell scanners.

At any rate the two best places in Vancouver that I have run across is Metropolitan Fine Printers and Hemlock. I had a job done at MFP that required a very large press. I figured I'd run it as 10 micron Staccato while I was at it. Amazing shop... Hemlock is no slouch either, they're a great printer.

DJ, we are also in the Vancouver area, and have many satisfied clients for the scans from our Heidelberg Tango and Screen drum scanners. We also offer direct digital scanning of original art and proofing to low Delta E tolerances. With +38 years in the colour reproduction biz, we still love what we do!

Best regards,
Ernst Vegt

*Coast Imaging Arts, Inc.*
the art of imaging excellence

504 First Street
New Westminster, BC
Canada V3L 2H1
T(604) 519-6748
F(604) 519-6749
www.coastimagingarts.com

Drum scanning & digital art capture
Expert RGB to CMYK conversions

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back