How do you print dielines on polyester, etc.

chknlegs

Hi boys and girls,

We are currently printing our dielines on polyester film using a vinyl cutter with a pen instead of a blade. We submit this with our print job. I cannot use my diemaker to do this because he makes dies the old fashion way and doesn't have any proofing equipment.

I plot a 1 bit tiff or regular tiff, then auto-retrace it in the vinyl cutter's software. It is accurate but there are extra steps that I'm sure can be avoided with another setup. Is anyone doing this another way? I've heard of using wide format printers for this but I'd rather not do it this way.

I can use the dieline feature in Rampage but only when I trap. Also when sending Illustrator files through to this vinyl cutter, all dashed strokes don't output correctly. That is why I make a bitmap file and re-trace it.

Any suggestions would be great! thanks!

chknlegs

We print the dielines on clear film using an Epson 10000 inkjet. The clear film has an coating to accept the inkjet ink. It's sold by Epson, but I'm sure it would work in most inkjet printers.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back