How many curves do you use to hit ISO 12647-2 /G7?

• 1 curve per CMYK set

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 2 curves per CMYK set

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 3 curves per CMYK set

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 curves per CMYK set

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

gordo

I've been told that you need a tone reproduction curve for each color in a CMYK set to hit ISO 12647-2 /G7 for one paper type. I don't think that's correct. I think you need only one, or possibly two curves, in a CMYK process color set to hit the standards. But maybe that's not true so please indicate in this poll how many curves you use to hit ISO 12647-2 /G7 for one paper type.

A curve for each color here. There is not a huge difference between them, but there is a slight difference between CM and Y, mostly to help gray balance (G7) at the midtone.

Bret

A curve for each color here. There is not a huge difference between them, but there is a slight difference between CM and Y, mostly to help gray balance (G7) at the midtone.

Bret

So, 4 curves for you.

On a sidebar, could you describe the "slight" difference?

gordon p

Last edited:
So, 4 curves for you.

On a sidebar, could you describe the "slight" difference?

gordon p

Sure, The linear gray balance was on the warm side, so there is about 1% less Magenta then Cyan, and 1% less Yellow than Magenta.

Bret

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back