I need adapter converter for security key

Susan

We are running a Viper RIP on an old 8100 Mac. It's working fine at the moment but we bought a G4 (too good of a bargain to pass up) We have all the software loaded on the G4 and would like to start using it. I've looked at many websites for a 4 pin adapter to plug into the security key and convert it to USB. all I've been able to find are 6 pin.
Can anyone HELP me.
Thanks in advance
Susan :(

My 'go to' person is out of town );
Can you give me a little information as to how the iMate ADB to USB adapter would work?
Here is how I'm set up now:
I have a 4 pin male connected to keyboard - 4 pin male going into the security key and a 4 pin male coming out of the security key that is connected to the mouse. I have the USB mouse that came with the G4 but not the keyboard. I can buy another keyboard, that is no problem.
Does the little square box replace the security key I am now using? if not how would it be put together if I ordered the adapter you directed me to?
Sorry to be so dumb but no one in our little town knows much about Mac's so I'm just kinda out in left field and on my on "so to speak'.
Susan

PowerMac 8100's used ADB (Apple Desktop Bus) ports. Your G4 has USB ports.

Step 1: plug this ADB to USB adapter into any USB port on the G4,
Step 2: plug your dongle (security/hardware key) into the adapter.

Done; there is no step 3. Your software should now run.

Thank you so much.
I'll feel more at ease ordering the part now.
I hate to order one then have to return it (been there, done that) and get charged a restocking fee.

Thanks again!!!!!
Susan
:) :) :) :)

Why,u can update yours Rip,Now what rip u using,I can offer u HQ-RIP FOR Agfa imageseter on PC

Maybe I can give u case

Thank you.
I am using a Viper 1.5.1, it still works great, don't think I need to replace it at this time.

thanks again
Susan

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back