Imposition Program for Indesign CS4

JaceScan

Hi Everyone.

I recently upgraded to CS4 from CS2 and have found that my favourite imposing program 'Imposer Pro' will not install as a Plug-in for Indesign. After a few tears I did some research and found that Quark purchased the rights to ALAP (the creators) and kept the tech for themselves. I have Quark 6.5 on my system but prefer to steer clear of it when dealing with large docs like school diaries, magazines and books.

I used 'Imposer Pro' mostly to print perfected on a 4-UP sheet with saddle-stitched binding (8 page section). I've since tried 'Quite' and glanced at 'Cheap Imposter' but found they didn't have the option of saddle-stitched imposition or perfected sheets. Not to mention the inability to create a Middle section work and turn for an uneven sectioned diary. Am I missing something or not using these programs correctly?

Does anyone know of another Imposition program that won't cost an arm and a leg but also has an awesome interface with many options for print? (besides imposer pro.. single tear) Acrobat plug-ins are great too.

Cheers
Jace

That's old news. You probably missed it because you skipped the CS3 upgrade.

In any case you should consider doing it with scripting. There are recurring posts to about this on the Adobe InDesign and InDesign Scripting forums. Do a search there for them. Also Dave Saunders, who is a regular there has a script for that. Another resource is the InDesign Secrets web page.

In my own work, I use Preps, but several of these scripting solutions are well regarded.

Happy searching,

Al

Imposition Option

Imposition Option

If you use an ECRM RIPMate Rip, you may consider ImposeMate as a option. ImposeMate allows a simple and easy to use package for what you describe- 2-64 up, saddle, perfect, custom impositions, etc.

Visit ECRM Imaging Systems for more information.

Mike Mierjeski
Software Business Manager
ECRM Imaging Systems

Make you own templates and impose PDF's right in Indesign. Once you have one made it's a simple matter to just re-link a new PDF to the template.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back