Inflation-Deflation

gordo

698 Inflation-Deflation.jpg

A little off topic: All the talk about raising minimum wage a large amount goes into this also. If a company has to pay its lowest-paid employees more, that takes away from the money that would have gone to giving long-term employees a raise.

Sorry, but I had to start paying my slack-off nephew $15 per hour. That means no raises this year for the rest of you.

Ok, let me get this straight. I need a raise because I cant afford to live on what you're paying me. But, you're saying that the raise would make things worse.

Guess I need to turn in my resignation and take the offer from your competitor who wants to pay me twice what you're.paying me. Hope that doesn't screw up my life.

My belief has always been, if you want to keep good employees, pay them properly. You can't expect to pay your staff minimum wage forever and them not be on the lookout for a better opportunity.

There may be times when paying more than minimum wage is difficult, but I'd much rather employ fewer people at a proper wage, that are willing to work that bit harder because they feel valued, than paying more staff the least you can get away with for them to then be waiting at the clocking off machine 15 minutes early.

My belief has always been, if you want to keep good employees, pay them properly. You can't expect to pay your staff minimum wage forever and them not be on the lookout for a better opportunity.

There may be times when paying more than minimum wage is difficult, but I'd much rather employ fewer people at a proper wage, that are willing to work that bit harder because they feel valued, than paying more staff the least you can get away with for them to then be waiting at the clocking off machine 15 minutes early.
...and...

the process of hiring, on-boarding, and training a new employee isn't free. Might as well try to retain.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back