Inserting pages into PDF

paulc

I'm using a prinergy workflow which separates my PDF file into separate pages. I'm looking for a way to recombine the files into one document for archiving purposes and sending back to client as final version. I open page one and then attempt to insert the rest of the pages into the job.
To my dismay I find that trying to insert pages into a document (even though the inserted pages are sequentially numbered) they arrive completely out of order. Solution?

Re: Inserting pages into PDF

I believe that one good solution is the software FullSwitch of Gradual software.

Is a good program, not only for your pourpose.

Best Regards,
Daniel López

paul,

select the array of pages you wish to save in your "pages" pane, right click, and choose "publish to pdf file". this will give you the ability to save either as is or in lo-res, as individual files, or as a multi-page document. i use that feature a lot and it works great.

cr

have you considered making a duplicate refiner with page splitting turned off when normalizing?

This gives the operator an option for muli-page or single page PDF's for that purpose.

well, i will try, but there isn't a whole lot more to it. open your job in prinergy, and select the multiple pages you want to combine into 1 pdf. with those pages selected, right-click, and choose "publish to pdf". this will give you a dialog box with all of your pdf options...lo res/high res, traps on/off, that kind of thing. it also allows you to choose "save as multipage pdf file", which sounds like what you want. it prompts you to choose a destination and name the file, then hit save. it is as easy as that.

good luck!

cr

Thanks, so much. The page-splitting turned off was the simplest solution. But I'm still mystified as to why Acrobat won't logically insert pages into a document - in correct order - when the pages to import are sequentialy and correctly numbered.

If I want to import a PDF file into,say,InDesign, it allows me,to bring the file in and lay them out in correct order over hundreds of pages. Of course it's using a script.

Acrobat 8 does this quite well. It has a pop up window that lets you re-arrange the files in the order you want them merged.
Acrobat 7 gives you the results you have already seen.

Chris,
Your tip is great, thanks. (right click, and choose "publish to pdf file") Is there a similar method for Mac.

Edited by: Jason_CTP on Dec 7, 2007 1:47 PM

jason,

this method works for mac and windows so far as i can tell. i don't use a windows workstations over here, but it apears it is available.

cr

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back