KM Accurio C14000 question

dundi

Good morning…I have a question regarding how to create a 100 pg pdf for printing on our KM C14000. We need to print 8 copies of each page, not collated. Its needs to be 8 copies of page 1, followed by 8 copies of page 2...etc. up to page 100. Do I need to add these extra pages to the pdf (creating an 800 pg pdf) or is this something that can be controlled at the press?

Any input would be greatly appreciated
Dundi

You just select 8 copies, and then in the finishing tab select uncollated. You can do a test at 2 copies if you needed, but this is a relatively simple job and should execute as you describe with these instructions. Depending on your press you could also select offset every 100 sheets or copies and that will simplify packaging. Or you could even select to insert a colored slipsheet between every 100 sheets or copies.

Thanks Price. Much appreciated. I was able to do this on the Indigo years ago but our KM operator said he couldn’t do that.
Thanks again

If your operator is using Command Workstation the process is Right Click Job in Held Queue -> Properties -> Finishing Tab -> Scroll down to Delivery Options -> Drop down menu "Sort/Group" Choose group. For whatever reason Command Workstation uses the choices of Sort (collated) and Group (uncollated). Hope this clears up any confusion for your Operator!

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back