KM6501/OCE CS665 vs. Canon 6000/7000.

CS665

Obviously the Canon produces a higher quality print than the KM product. What I want to know is some of the short comings of the Canon product. You can have 2 KM units for the price of one 6000. Does the quality of the 6000 really justify spending twice as much as you would on a KM device? I have also heard that you need to have an " ideal enviroment" to support the Canon, i.e. 3 ft. on either side for service and an extremely cool room because of the extremely high heat this machine gives off. If anyone has both or has one and works with another shop who has the other I would appreciate some feedback. Also does anyone have the KM6501hc? And does the KM upgrade compete with the Canon more on the quality side of things. As you can see I am an Oce rep selling the KM product and I have seen buyers in the market take a lot of interest in the Canon. Profit is the name of the game, does the quality of the Canon justify an obvious hit to a shops bottom line? The last question was a little loaded, I am looking for all opinions good and bad.

Thanks

I've got the same questions. The company I work for wants to buy a workhorse for their 70.000-100.000 print volume a month. Documents from Word, books, internal documetation, presentations and twice a year heavy books (200 pages, 1500 circulation)
I need to get some information about KM6501e/ep vs C6000vp vs XeroxDC700
I really do want to know is it better to buy 2xKM6501 or just one C6000vp

You should consider the Xerox 700 or the Xerox 5000AP.

Or not. Both have silicone (and 5000 has also fuser oil), which causes problems at lamination. X700 is experiencing several problems which more or less harden work. 5000 is in my opinion a bit outdated.

It depends a lot on type of jobs you intend to run and kind of prints your clients expect. I loved the Canon output seen on fairs, but rumors are loads of servicing is needed and outage times are not short. Got no real experience with KM or OCE, the 665 is a machine I would also loveto hear some usable info from an owner.

The company I work for wants to buy a workhorse for their 70.000-100.000 print volume a month.

I need to get some information about KM6501e/ep vs C6000vp vs XeroxDC700
I really do want to know is it better to buy 2xKM6501 or just one C6000vp

Xerox DC700 is not powerful enough for such load, look at DC7000AP Gold.
If you ask me, it is always better to have 2 machines side by side managing work load then to "put all eggs in one basket". Consider maybe also some other units.

Twice a year heavy books (200 pages, 1500 circulation)
Is this variable data? If not this is a job at least for a DI or classic offset.

We've had several meetings and now folks from board wanted to buy canon 6000/7000 or xerox 7000/8000

Kolan, both are good units and both have faults. Check on what service is like in your area, since that will be a huge factor on how satified you are. You should go and visit customers of both and see the unit in action in real life.

DP

DP

Hi,

You should have a look at new 7002/8002 series. It look a interesting machine with lot of new features. 6501 is different class and it doesnt make sense to compare these machines with anything higher than X700.

A

I agree with the post above.

The new Xerox 7002/8002 has image quality like the Canon ImagePRESS 6000/7000 BUT with the Xerox build quality.

Definitely worth considering.

7002/8002

7002/8002

This machines are expected to enter into the market in the next 2 months... Launch was on 3rd August....

7002/8002

7002/8002

They are being sold in the US already since last week.

They will be at PRINT 09 if you are going.

As far as I know they are sold, but not yet present at the customers, am I wrong (USA included, I am in Europe).?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back