Kodak Prinergy to Screen PT-R8000 (with ApoServe8 ?) - Need TIFF Catcher?

blanche01

The owners here purchased a used Screen PT-R8000 platesetter. The platesetter came with a PC that has ApoServe8 installed on it. It also has Apogee Prepress Manager, so I am guessing it is a Agfa product, part of the Apogee workflow. When I Google ApoServe, I get no results. I am trying to figure out what that is. My guess was that since it came with the platesetter it must be some sort of TIFF catcher? Does anyone know what this is?

The owner are looking to replace our existing Workflow (very old Artworks Systems Nexus RIP, Preps, Agfa PrintDrive Series 3) with the Kodak Prinergy system. Kodak is telling them that to go from the Prinergy to the Screen Platesetter, we need a Xitron Raster Blaster TIFF interface at an additional expense on top of the proposed package.

I am being asked to research and find an alternative. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Blanche Brantley
Prepress Manager
MLI Marketing Solutions
(aka Martin Lithograph, Inc.)

Prinergy generates Tiff 1 Bit, If your old Rip Appo server reads 1 bit Tiff treat this lik queue. What communicaction have computer do CTP - SCSI or blue box?

Prinergy generates Tiff 1 Bit, If your old Rip Appo server reads 1 bit Tiff treat this lik queue. What communicaction have computer do CTP - SCSI or blue box?

Carefull, PGY can generate 1 bit tiffs but depending on whether connect or evo you may require a license.

Thanks for all the replies and help. It looks like we will end up biting the bullet and getting the Raster Blaster.

Have a great day everyone!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back