Linotronic 560

Hello:

I need some advises from all of you!

I am a printer in Malaysia, my prepress dept. ran the ULTRE 4000 with Level 2 RIP about more than a decade, and now we are facing the problem is the Ultre 4000 is no more available in spare part and service in the market, and the Major issue is the IR film! It is very hard to get from my supplier
So I am looking for 18" or 14" CTF replacement machine, people recommended me either Agfa Accuset 1000 /1500 or Lino 560 or maybe ECRM can considered! Just wonder is the Linotronic LTC560 Still running in the market? as I know Afga Accuset and ECRM, many printer and repro house still using it until now! so what type of machine can I considered so I can use it last for another decade?

thanks
TS LEE

Imagesetter

Imagesetter

Hi TSLee

I have sold a lot of ECRM in the hey day. The Mako series is rock solid. I can't say a decade but they are still selling refurbs so they will probably have to support them for 7 years. Give them a call and ask. Great machines.

Tom

Hello Lee,

Do you interest for Heidelberg Primesetter 74 online with film processor from Malaysia?
Machine come with Metadimension Rip, Signastation & PC....

Please contact me if interest.

I agree with Tommy, it's best to look for an ECRM. Beware of old IR diode machines pre-1997, try to find a VRL or Mako with visible red diode and so-called precision drive mechanism - multi segmented roller that will give perfect register.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back