Looking for new Job

Tonez

Looking for a new place to call my second home, i have been at the company I am at now for 14 years the owners are retiring so my options are buying the company from them or finding something new so im seeing whats out there.

I have 14 years experience in the industry and I currently manage 4 employees and currently running the back of the shop everything from 2 color Heidelberg PM / QM 46-2 / toko duplicator and a Baum folder/ Heidelberg windmill and multiple other pre and post press machines and digital machines, a couple different Konica Minolta digital presses a xante en/press and a couple others.

I am very mechanically inclined i can learn to run most equipment fast and I can repair most pieces of equipment with issues from mechanical to hydraulics and software related problems. i maintain the computers and network of the entire business witch is about 15 computers and about 10 different pieces of equipment. speaking from experience trying to find a good employee I am one of those unique employees that can excel at any position you need.

willing to go basically anywhere for the right pay.

update: 2/1/24
Due to the large amount of DMs i have been getting i would like to clarify a few things,
to start let me say I do appreciate all the offers i have gotten however, I am looking for a job where i can be apart in growing your company and not just a warm body to run a single peace of equipment that you would expect to pay someone 30k-40k a year to run.
i have a wide ranging skill set and very adaptive to learning new thing fast. From my experience it would equate to me getting done every day what it takes 2-3 employees.
To that end I am looking for something that is 75k+ a year depending on living expenses where your located.

Last edited:
@Tonez - your original post very closely mirrors my career. I started at the company I am still at as a part timer in 1986. Six years ago I had to decide between buying the business or doing something else. I chose to buy. There were some nervous moments, including being shut down for two months during the pandemic. However, I now can say I made the best decision. I only wish I had bought into the company sooner.

At least give this option some thought.

@Tonez - your original post very closely mirrors my career. I started at the company I am still at as a part timer in 1986. Six years ago I had to decide between buying the business or doing something else. I chose to buy. There were some nervous moments, including being shut down for two months during the pandemic. However, I now can say I made the best decision. I only wish I had bought into the company sooner.

At least give this option some thought.
i definitely am considering it but i want to check all of my options before i go for it you never know if theirs something better out there.

i definitely am considering it but i want to check all of my options before i go for it you never know if theirs something better out there.
I second @Stickman42 If you're not burned out yet and want to stick with printing industry for at least the next 10 years then it's worth buying the business. It's a hard grind but it's awesome to build something you own. Obviously make sure you really do your research first and understand how the current company is operating financially and that it's financially sound first. I'd take your resume as well if you want to send it to me.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back