Mac Mini home computer won't boot

Weird, weird, weird. The Mac Mini wouldn't show up in DiskWarrior while booting from the cd but the Mini showed up when booted in Target Mode and then running DiskWarrior from a host computer. I did a rebuild from there but it failed when I tried to replace the directory. I'm at least getting files off of the Mini now before I do another rebuild or format if I have to.

Thanks to all for your time.

Erik

Even if DW works and you get the Mini back up and running, I'm not sure I would trust the drive. It is cheap insurance to buy a new hard drive and install it in the Mini. While you're at it, pick up a nice external drive and use it as a Time Machine backup. You'll sleep much better!

DCurry,

Agreed! Got my files off that I wanted. DiskWarrior tech support said that the error that DiskWarrior was reporting means that the hard drive is beginning to physically fail. I already purchased an external 1 TB MyBook and will use Time Machine to back it up. In the process now of looking for a new internal replacement hard drive.

Thanks,

Erik

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back