Mac OS X 10.6.7 ok? how about fonts?

I updated to 10.6.7 as soon as it was out and so far so good.
I did not run into font issue, that I know of until today, probably because bug affects only programs that rely on system to make PDF, it does not affect Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.. so it's kind of irrelevant for me.
I don't use Word or Pages or Flash to do anything.

---
It does NOT affect Adobe graphic applications like InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. These Adobe applications use Adobe's own PDF-creating mechanism which bypass the operating system and offer several advantages (ability to customize the PDF, ability to create PDF presets, etc.) I've tested and these applications work fine with OpenType PostScript fonts under Mac OS X 10.6.7.
---

I think SMB connection has improved, but I still see some occasional slowness with SMB shares, especially connection with Windows XP boxes.

Last edited:
Just got a notification from Esko that it effects all versions of Artpro. They recommend going back down to 10.6.6 until the issue is resolved.

Email from Esko:

We want to inform you about an important font rendering issue that came up after upgrading your Mac OS to Mac OS 10.6.7.

After upgrading to Mac OS 10.6.7, users will encounter fonts rendering issues with many different OpenType fonts. This problem affects a number of applications on Mac, including all versions of ArtPro.

Currently Apple is working on a permanent solution for this issue. The only solution in the mean time is to downgrade to Mac OS 10.6.6. You can find the installer at Apple's support site.

The more I am finding about this issue the more challenging it is. You can be as diligent as you want by clearing caches, not using certain fonts etc.. but the problem seems to manifest itself in other ways.

Thanks Apple I'll wait for you next latest and greatest patch...

p

Looks like Apple just released a font patch for 10.6.7. Still will wait and see if it fixes the issue before jumping in.

p

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back