max page (over)sizes in light production machines km, xerox etx

aparat

HI - i am looking for a machine upgrade and would like to get max length of print as possible (need for specific job)

so i am searching for some info on max page size/oversize, that light production machines can print (mostly thru bypass tray)
You cant find these info. in spec. sheets, but i found some info around the web and wold be glad if someone can confirm/deny or add more details...

KM6501 - ?? x 25"
xerox 5000ap - ??" x 25"
ricoh c751ex - 13" x 24"
xerox 700 - ?? x ??

Is there a machine in this price range that can make about 28" or 29" (or even more)???

i know some okis and xantes can do cca 50", but not realy a production capable...
thanks

Hi there,

Xerox 700/770 as well as older 250 etc. can print max size 330 x 488 mm (13 x 19.2 in.). Xerox 770 can print that size on any thickness of paper which can slide through the machine (max tested 450 gsm / 540 microns thick Trucard Duo). Paper may be taken from High Capacity Tray or Bypass Tray.

As far as I can recall the older KM machines (like Bizhub 250/350/450) were able to print long stripes of paper up to 1200 mm (47 in.) from Bypass Tray, but feeding was pretty hectic as there's no extension on the tray to hold that long sheet. I remember printing 50 calendars 14 sheets each, it took ages but was worth to do that myself instead of printing litho, especially that I didn't have my own A2/B2 machine so would have to outsource the job.

Not sure about light production machines KM like 6500/6501.

Hope that helps a bit.

Sebastian

we own a km6500, i think max sheet size is 330x457 or 480... however I remember the sales rep telling me 6000 (& therefore i assume 7000) can print 900mm. feeding could be akin to playing twister...

We have some Xerox 7760s that will print up to 47 inches, but only on 60# or lighter un-coated paper. If it can do it why can't the production machines?

Only thing that will do that size consistently with good feed is the Meteor digital press. Unless of course you want to go with big production presses like the Fuji J press or HP Indigo 10000

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back