merge 2 pdfs to single page pdf?

wonderings

We have a client that we print newsletters for. We have a preprint, well it is a template, we stopped actually printing the preprint. They send us a word file, I make a PDF, combine the preprint with the supplied file and then print the newsletter. They want to be able to combine the two themselves for a french version that is not printed. I am not sure how to do this without using Indesign or Illustrator and need a simple solution, if there is one, for an Insurance company. Can this be done in Acrobat Pro? It is a 2 page newsletter (Front and back). So I would need to merge the front with the supplied newsletter info and the back with the second page of the newsletter.

Any simple ways of doing this for our client?

Acrobat Pro (9.1 here) -
Open PDF1
View Menu > Navigation Panel > Layers
Select the "Import as Layer" option. (from the gear icon in this version of acrobat)
Choose PDF2 as the source.

This allows you to combine/layer pages on top (or below) each other....and adjust opacity if needed.

I think this is what you are looking for...

Acrobat Pro (9.1 here) -
Open PDF1
Select the "Import as Layer" option. (from the gear icon in this version of acrobat)

This allows you to combine/layer pages on top (or below) each other....and adjust opacity if needed.

That is what I was looking for, thanks!

Acrobat Pro (9.1 here) -
Open PDF1

Great, I was looking for a reliable way to do this on my desktop. Usually I find free online solutions to do the trick (for example http://online-pdf.org) but in my area the internet can be quite shaky to say at least...

So thanks a bunch!

Simplest= Open page 1 in Acrobat Pro, go to document, Insert pages, from file, select page to add, double-click. It imports page 2 or an entire file and then you can save as new file. Excellent when having to replace pages in PDF's too as it gives you the option of where to insert the file.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back