meta dimension poll

Re: meta dimension poll

Hi Unuruu,

Please contact you local Heidelberg representative, they will be able to help you.

Regards,

Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA
Product Manager, CtP & Proofing

right now I actually bought an ibm 235 on ebay and I am in the process of installing everything and trying to move my setup over. it is going quite well. If I save enough on this project I maybe able to buy the ppi and get started on improving our setup speed.

Mi experience with DELTA RIP and METADIMENSIO MIX

I own a prepres bureau in Lima PERU.

I have been using the Metadimension solution since Version 5. Actually we are using the version 6.5
I have been using DELTA Rip since version 6.

Metadimension
I basically use for color profs and as a rip /1bit tiff solution ocationally.

Delta RIP
Actually we also have 2 Delta RIPS, 8.0 and 8.1

For a total of 2 Hercules PRO filmsetter, 1 signasetter filmseter and a LUSCHER CTP i am very proud of this solution.
IT WORKS...(Luscher exposing, HEIDELBERG thinking....)

One Delta RIP is tied with a delta tower to a signasetter, and export 1bit tiff to a Luescher CTP
One Delta RIP is tied to a delta tower and a herculespro, the second is tied with a delta 6/delta tower as a DELTA LIST shooter.
Both of those rips work with a dual xeon 2.8/2gigbytes almost 30-40 riped works hour. some days we have more than 200 works.

With the metadimension i make the color proof and ocasionally a delta list or a 1 bit tiff riping. It is installed in a one xeon procesor IBM computer and it works extreemly fine. we can make more than 30-50 rips per hour, 50 x 70 cm; ready to print.

Conclusion: Doesn´t matter, you can install meta 6.5 in anything betwen one procesor Pentium4 3 GHZ to dual core dual procesor xeon computer. There is no reason it will not install. i did it. I use windows 2000 server and windows 2003 solutions. Are extreemly easy to install. But it seems to me when you use windows 2000 everything runs faster.

Dont be afraid. Use the best computer you can by. There is no limit. One procesor or two it works. And as I learned everybody can doit with the manuals. metadimension have all the suficient instruccions.

I really apreciate the option of a HEIDELBERG OUT OF THE BOX SERVER/RIP SOLUTION.

But as i have learned my choice of server/operating sistem works exteemly well without mayor problems for us. As a couple of times i have to reinstall due to a virus or other normal WINDOWS problems, it was not a chalenge. With the experience aquired in the last 5 years i am happy to doit.

I also must be extreemly happy with people of Heidelberg in Lima, Peru. especialy from edgar Quintana for the patience and the spirit to help me test all the posible combinations. An the support of our line of filmsetters/scaner (topas ii)/software.

I have a question, where can i find the diferences betwen the DELTA 8.0, DELTA 8.1, Metadimension 6.5 and the new Metadimension 6.5 SP1.
I have notice small diferences in the riped products, but coul not idefied the limitatiosn.

Edited by: Miguel Sanchez on Jul 31, 2008 2:31 AM

Edited by: Miguel Sanchez on Jul 31, 2008 2:34 AM

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back