Metrix Training

stevriv

I've used rampage since it ran in DOS.. We just added Metrix and I've been playing around with it. We usually dont keep up with the Rampage service contract but we just did add it to support the transition to .jdf workflow. My question is about the metrix training? So far Metrix seems pretty simple. Adding our specs will take awhile but I was a stripper back when stripping wasnt just laying down 1 piece films so I already know imposition pretty well.

They wont use Metrix for any estimating. It will be used by me to gang many different jobs onto one sheet.

Is there more to Metrix that I should get the "webinar" training or can I put that money to better use?

Thanks

Steve

Metrix training

Metrix training

Steve,

I see your post message is a bit old now, so I suspect you've answered your own question by now. Do you feel like you have a good grip on Metrix at this point?

I'll also mention a few excellent resources that should help:
- on our website there are some 'learning' movies that are very in-depth and will illustrate the use of Metrix from several different perspectives, including ganging. You can find these at:
Metrix Learning Movies
- on the Metrix installation CD is a folder of FAQ movies. These are short, targeted movies to help you dig deeper
- for customers with ASA (Annual Service Agreement), you have access to the ASA area of the website where we post new movies on a regular basis, again to help you dig deeper. Ask your reseller if you don't already have a username/password.

And to help you further, we'll soon be releasing Metrix 2010 which will include some pretty amazing new features. Some items to make existing tasks easier/quicker, and some new capabilities to help you find smarter/better layout options. All quite exciting.

Last edited:
metrix training.

metrix training.

Just got back to this post...
I have most of the database set up and have been using Metrix with rampage.
Still having trouble getting my colorbars into Metrix. On my last try the 22" color bars came in at 2" wide...?

I also havent figured out how best to handle ganging different diecut jobs.
example:
one product will have a 4up die
a 2nd product will have a 2 up die
the other 4 products will have 1 up dies.

how do I group the 4 up together, the 2 up together and then have it calculate a layout for all the products?

I could group the 4 up product into 1 4up file and then call that the product size in metrix ???

I also havent automated anything with hot folders yet. still adding the Metrix file into rampage manually.

Just a few question now but they dont want to spend the $1500 for training....

Steve

Metrix Training

Steve,

It sounds like everything is heading in the right direction, and that you simply have some loose ends to tie down. Please give me a call, and I'll find the best way to get you the answers you need. 623.776.5031

Regards,

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back