Multiple PDLs donnt response.

sistecopy

Hi.. I have one trouble with windows7 and harlequin rip.

The rips works fines, I can send jobs and everything, but after some time of inactivity like 5 or 10 minutes when I try to close the program, the program donnt response and I get a window error and says: Interpreter and Render for Multiple PDLs donnt response. and I need to force to exit.

I use a Blue box with a filmsetter Agfa Acusset 1000 and the new plugin version.

Any idea of what happen..

I get that when I use HXM-screens, seems that mixing AM and FM makes the RIP freak out.
Not in all resolutions though, strange.

I get that when I use HXM-screens, seems that mixing AM and FM makes the RIP freak out.
Not in all resolutions though, strange.

But..I don't use HXM-Screens, I think that maybe the Multiprocessor function cause that, but really I don't know..I use windows 7 and windows 2003 server, and I have the same problem in bout.

thanks

We recommend using v.8.3 when running Windows 7 or running the RIP on a multi-processor system. An update with the proper memory settings should resolve your issue.

Thanks

Thanks

We recommend using v.8.3 when running Windows 7 or running the RIP on a multi-processor system. An update with the proper memory settings should resolve your issue.

There is a manual or where I can find how can update the memory settings..?

You can find the v.8 Harlequin RIP manual on our support page:
RTI Harlequin RIP Technical Support - RTI Harlequin RIP Software Support PPD Download Tutorials

If you are using 2GB of RAM or more on the computer I would recommend checking MEMORY FOR RIP under the Configure RIP - Options menu and set it to 1,500,000 or 2,000,000 KB if using 3GB or more. Also set MINIMUM MEMORY LEFT FOR SYSTEM to 65,536 KB.

Under Configure RIP these are usually valid entries:
Network Buffer: 1,024 to 10,240 KB
Printer Buffer: 10,240 to 65,536 KB
You should not have to go over these.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back