Need Help - Roland VS-640 Profiles for Fiery XF

logitone

Hi Guys, First of all, please forgive my ignorance or stupidity if I'm going about this the wrong way.

Background - We've had a VS-640 since brand new and have always used Versaworks. 1 year ago we brought in a Vutek GS2000LX Pro and it came with Fiery XF and a license for an additional printer. We've had countless jobs that have transparencies issues in Versaworks so we've almost defaulted to rasterizing every job before sending it to Versaworks but I really want to control the Roland with Fiery so we can unify everything in Command Workstation (along with our digital presses that run on Fiery).

My problem - My pressman has said that its taken him 6 hours to create the first profile and he's still having issues with ink coverage. He has received some training from EFI on how to create so I know he's making the effort but I also know that we have tons of profiles already in Versaworks and that there are tons available to download online, mainly Orafol / Avery / 3M websites. The weird thing is that they seem to have profiles for all other Rips except Fiery.

My question - Is there a way we can import profiles that we can get for Wasatch, VersaWorks, Onyx, etc? Or is it just mandatory that we create profiles from scratch for all materials that would run on the VS-640?

TLDR - Can we import other Rip software profiles in to Fiery XF?

Any help would be appreciated!

My question - Is there a way we can import profiles that we can get for Wasatch, VersaWorks, Onyx, etc? Or is it just mandatory that we create profiles from scratch for all materials that would run on the VS-640?

No. You cannot import profiles from one RIP into another.

'Profiles' consist of two component parts. The first part is all the 'machine-state' information which your are specifically profiling, and the second part is the ICC profile, which is a characterization of the machine in that state. All of the 'machine-state' aspects of any media profile are RIP-specific and are not interchangeable from RIP to RIP.

I'll just go ahead and say though this is what I do. I make a living doing color management and machine profiling for large- and grand-format printers worldwide. And I can guarantee you'll wind up spending less money and you'll achieve a better result having me come out and do this once than you will chasing a solution online or anywhere else.

Mike Adams
Correct Color

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back