Need some help please!

TLawrence

First off, glad to be here and hopefully make some friends in the press world. Background on why I joined this forum. I am a pressman for a news paper company. I run the press for the newspaper. and A Heidelberg Print Master QM-46. My issue is I have a very hard time with envelopes, the guy I replaced did not train me at all and I have no experience. I can run black, and b/w color jobs all day. But with two color envelopes I keep getting a 11-07 code and keeps jamming. Or it runs awhile then jams. Its really stressing me out. If anyone can help that would be great.

There are several "tricks" to run envelopes on that press. Suction cups, sheet separaters, pile height, just to name a few. The type of envelope also changes these elements. I would be happy to help you if needed. Pete

Sorry for the late response. I finally had time to run some envelopes. I Ran 2,000 b/w envelopes yesterday just fine no jams. I switched to 2 color ones. Jams all the time getting 11-07 and 12.05 codes. Turned color off ran 50 b/w no issue. turn color and b/w ran a couple and jam. Any ideas??

Sorry for the late response. I finally had time to run some envelopes. I Ran 2,000 b/w envelopes yesterday just fine no jams. I switched to 2 color ones. Jams all the time getting 11-07 and 12.05 codes. Turned color off ran 50 b/w no issue. turn color and b/w ran a couple and jam. Any ideas??

What is the size of the envelopes?

Error code 11-07 indicates a problem in gripper area where the sheet monitoring device is or also know as double sheet detector.

I had a similar issue running small envelopes (DL size). The fix was to turn off sheet length monitoring. Select SF19 and press the ''-'' button.

I am not sure about the 12.05 code!

I always turn off the double sheet now. I run tens of thousands 2 colour on a QM.

I'm running #10. Its just really stressing me out. Don't understand b/w run just fine. I didn't get no training so its all trail and error and its kicking my butt.

I'm running #10. Its just really stressing me out. Don't understand b/w run just fine. I didn't get no training so its all trail and error and its kicking my butt.

If it works with 1 colour, it should work with 2 colours as well.

Did you change any settings on the feeder when you run 2 colours?

Once the envelope is fed through, it should not be a problem if both printing units are activated.

You can try reducing the speed to around 4000. It is slow but as they say ''slowly but surely''.

It also depends on the quality of the envelopes. If they are not flat, they will not feed through smoothly.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back