Neo Performance

Jayhawkmike

We have had Neo since 1.2 and have noticed this problem through 2.1.1. When saving a PDF after alterations, we see that it is "optimizing" before closing. Sometimes, this "optimizing" goes on forever and a force quit is needed if you want to do any other work for the day. We have done experiment where we let our Mac run the "optimizing" overnight. The next day, the file save IS complete. Go figure.

Our workstations vary, but minimum of 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB RAM. We have seen the same issue on a 2 x 3GHz Duel Core Zeon Mac with 16 GB RAM, so I'm not sure that it is a "not hefty enough hardware/RAM" problem.

Frustration that you work on a project, go to save, optimizing goes to infinity and beyond, force quit and start all over.

Anyone else see this issue? We have 5 seats of this high $$ software.

Any response to this issue? I am seriously considering Odystar with 3 seat licenses of Neo. Would be disappointed to spend so much on buggy, non-supported software.

Not addressed yet.

Not addressed yet.

I had some communication with EskoArtworks and they are aware of the issue. Say it will be addressed in next release(s). Whatever.

No, the "eternal optimizing" issue doesn't happen on every save, but enough to cause frustration. Must say Neo is handy application, but wish I didn't have this issue.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back