Online Proofing

Having proofread thousands of documents and customer-supplied artwork for most of my professional career, I believe there's no substitute for a keen eye and good old fashioned human brainpower. However, I did run across some software recently called "Docu-Proof C3". The company, Global Vision, claims their software will "compare text in virtually any language. Even compare unlike files (graphic vs. word files). Quickly and easily find changes in fonts, sizes, deletions, inserts, spelling, and location." I have no idea what the cost is, though. Seems like they cater to large enterprises, so I'd expect a high sticker price.

Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:
Thank you. I am very new to this industry, and even more I am on the website side and have little to do with the proofing process.

This being said... I do not entirely understand how the proofing process is difficult. We look it over and make sure it's print ready, and then we print it. It comes out like the artwork that went it.

Could you fill me in?

Having proofread thousands of documents and customer-supplied artwork for most of my professional career, I believe there's no substitute for a keen eye and good old fashioned human brainpower. However, I did run across some software recently called "Docu-Proof C3". The company, Global Vision, claims their software will "compare text in virtually any language. Even compare unlike files (graphic vs. word files). Quickly and easily find changes in fonts, sizes, deletions, inserts, spelling, and location." I have no idea what the cost is, though. Seems like they cater to large enterprises, so I'd expect a high sticker price.

Hope this helps! :)

The 36" scanner GlobalVision sells to compare a hardcopy proof / printed piece to an approved electronic file is $64,500.00 itself. ; ) Support on said scanner is $12,650.00 / year. I've seen it in action. It does detect any difference in between the approved "master" and the scanned in proof or printed piece. The only thing about that is, the operator has to review and approve or reject all of the differences highlighted.. thus opening the door for human error again - which is what everyone is trying to eliminate by using a product like that.

Live Action "FlipProof" with TribalSketch

Live Action "FlipProof" with TribalSketch

TribalSketch offers both online design and live action "FlipProof". This is a flash based proof that has the look of a real paper proof where users can flip through the pages of their proof right in the browser.
TribalSketch is a very affordable solution for printers looking for a great Web2Print offering.
David Lewis
Lucid Dream Software
tribalsketch.com

Here's how our solution works.

SurePDF, RSA's genuine Adobe PDF Print Driver, is based on Adobe PDF JobReady. Basically it's a PDF Print Driver that runs on the submitter's desktop (Mac or PC). The user 'prints' to the driver (which could be named anything, i.e. 'Adbox W2P') and the proof is generated using your predefined settings for color, resolution, font embedding, etc.

The user reviews the PDF, clicks approve, and it is automatically uploaded to WebCRD, RSA's Web-to-Print solution, PRE-APPROVED by the end user, with all of the print settings the Print Center requires. It allows Print Centers to AutoFlow jobs directly to production printers with minimal "touches".

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back