Plates dropping from carriage to Plate Rite 4300

Hello,
Need answers on Fuji plates dropping from carriage to the imagesetter. I have a Plate Rite 4300 imagesetter and autoloader that holds up to30 plates. The suckers pick up and transfer plates fine until the last few. Llets say, when it gets down to about 7 left in the carriage. I've read online from others that the room may be too humid/warm for the suckers to pick up the plates. i.e. moisture between the plates. I do live in a humid part of the country, but that's not the case. I keep my room 68-70 degrees. Yep, it's cold in here. I've even "fanned" them so the plates aren't sticking together. They are still dropping causing bends on the edges. Not good. I've even cleaned the suckers thouroughly. They, the suckers, are also new and have been replaced by a professional technician last year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. We did have to replace the shooter "TrueFlow" computer due to the fact that the computer decided to die. Before then I did have to back out the last plate from the imagesetter and return to the carriage after the cycle was through. I don't have to do that anymore, because the imagesetter doesn't load another plate after the cycle. Does this make sense?

Thanks again.

Hello,
Need answers on Fuji plates dropping from carriage to the imagesetter. I have a Plate Rite 4300 imagesetter and autoloader that holds up to30 plates. The suckers pick up and transfer plates fine until the last few. Llets say, when it gets down to about 7 left in the carriage. I've read online from others that the room may be too humid/warm for the suckers to pick up the plates. i.e. moisture between the plates. I do live in a humid part of the country, but that's not the case. I keep my room 68-70 degrees. Yep, it's cold in here. I've even "fanned" them so the plates aren't sticking together. They are still dropping causing bends on the edges. Not good. I've even cleaned the suckers thouroughly. They, the suckers, are also new and have been replaced by a professional technician last year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. We did have to replace the shooter "TrueFlow" computer due to the fact that the computer decided to die. Before then I did have to back out the last plate from the imagesetter and return to the carriage after the cycle was through. I don't have to do that anymore, because the imagesetter doesn't load another plate after the cycle. Does this make sense?

Thanks again.

Hello,

Is it the same problem? Please open the following link.

http://printplanet.com/forums/agfa-systems/29144-agfa-acento-s-doesnt-upload-form-l-100-mal-cassette

Thanks for the reply. No it's not the same problem. I have to manually take the slip sheets out. Plus my error is e33c9. I'll try to write down what the LCD screen is displaying. I don't see any air pressure indicator besides the one that is on my shifter.

I haven't. Then again, we haven't been running plates out as much as we should be. I'm waiting for the error to show up again so I can take a picture of it. I was reading the operators manual about putting too many plates in the auto loader and maybe the computer only recognizes so many plates. So I reverted back to just the minimum amount of plates. Still searchin' and diggin'. Thanks for the reply...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back