plug in not recognized in acrobat

Rosey

We currently use acrobat 6 and we have always used the plug-in Docubox Manager. Recently this plugin disappeared from acrobat and I can't figure out how to get acrobat to "see" it again. I didn't realize how invaluable this tool was until I couldn't access anymore. I still have the plug in itself on the hard drive. If anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: plug in not recognized in acrobat

Acrobat 6 - ouch! What OS platform are you running that on?

Is it still properly installed in Acrobat's plug-in directory? Did you
accidentally turn on Acrobat's "Certified Plug-ins Only" option in the
preferences?

There are any number of possibilities...

Leonard

We are running 10.3.9. We have Acrobat 7 but we only have pitstop for Acrobat 6. This is why we are stuck in 6. Is this a known problem? As far as it being installed in Acrobat's plug-in directory, I am honestly not sure. I didn't install it the first time so I have no idea where it is suppose to be. Can you walk me through the process?
I also didn't see an option for turning the "Certified Plug-ins Only" on in the preferences.

I hope, at least you are current with the 6.0.5 update in order to be
compatible with Mac OS 10.3.x.

Acrobat is located in your Applications directory (or at least it should
be). You'll need to control-click on the Acrobat Professional icon and
choose "View Contents" (or something like that). Then find the PlugIns
folder and see what there is to see...

Leonard

Thank you so much Leonard. The plug-in was in the plug-ins folder but it was inside another sub folder. Once I took it out of the sub folder it was fine. I can't thank you enough.

I think it is interesting that in the case of Acrobat, the plugins folder does not support subfolders. InDesign by comparison (even CS on 10.3.9) does support subfolders in the plugins folder.

Can Leonard or anyone else comment on what determines if subfolders will be supported? Is this an application specific behavior?

Thanks,

Al

Acrobat (on both Mac and Windows) FULLY SUPPORTS subfolders in the
plugins folder - in fact, we pre-installed about a half-dozen or more
subfolders in that directory and various 3rd parties put their own in
there as well. Works fine - and has since at least Acrobat 6 (maybe
earlier).

Leonard

Thanks for the reply Leonard. Then Rosey is in error on attributing the solution to moving the plugin up one level in the plugins folder.

So then we don't know what fixed it.

Al

Edit: Also it seems from your response that this is application specific. Is that correct?

Edited by: Al Ferrari on Jan 13, 2008 11:55 AM

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back