Pricing Brochures and Business Cards...

kdw75

Since implementing our new pricing software several years back, we have gone in and tweaked different processes regularly to where everything matched our old way of doing things. While everything is looking good and our prices seem competitive on most items, 3 panel brochures and business cards always seem to be much higher than the competitors I look at. Anything I have tried to do in order to bring that price down makes us way too cheap on other similar items. I understand that business cards can be loss leaders, but 3 panel brochures??? They used to be a lucrative item back in the day.

I've had that same issue with MIS software in the past, particularly with business cards. Rather than modifying the overall system, my solution was to make a template for each quantity and put in a manual adjustment to make it the price I wanted. Then, I just duplicated it for future orders. Hopefully your software has some sort of manual markup or discount feature.

Does your software allow for different printers with different settings which might allow you to price some items on one printer (settings) or the other would not affect all items.

I create custom price schedules for 3 and 4 panel brochures and other items that formulas make uncompetitive.

(disclaimer - I work for a Print MIS software developer - but used to be a prepress manager at a heatset offset and gravure printer )

Okay, well, our PressWise users all approach the same problem differently.

They may a relationship with a reseller / broker - were they sell everything at a 25% discount

They may have a negotiated price contract with a county, hospital or school, where they have fixed price "tables" where a product has set fixed prices at fixed quantities - like - 250, 500, 1000 , where the storefront ONLY allows these quantities / prices ( you can't order 350 for example )

They might have the press devices setting based on run speed and sheets per hour

They might have the press device based on "clicks" or "per impressions"

They might have a combination of the above ( based on a specific product or customer )

In Wide Format - this is typically price by sq ft.

what the sell price is depends on what your market will allow

Using a B2B lead generation service will ensure that your business gets the best results possible from the service. They should have the necessary tools to meet your goals and your budget. A B2B lead generation company should have a strong customer support team that can help you reach your goals. In addition to having the right tools and experience, a B2B lead-generation service should be able to provide a customized strategy to its clients. A B2B lead generation service belkins.io/sales-tools/top-call-center-companies/triniter-bpo will provide you with a list of potential clients. These leads will be generated by several channels. They will also provide you with the best contact details. Once a lead has been found, a B2B lead-generation service can contact the contacts and arrange appointments for business closure. The service will also provide you with valuable information about the key decision-makers in your region. If you're unsure about which company to use, you can hire a lead-generation company to assist you. A B2B lead-generation company will use a reliable process to identify the most qualified prospects for your business. By using a CRM, a B2B lead generation firm can reduce the amount of time you spend on cold-calling. They will also offer sales consulting services and use Bionic SDR. In addition to generating quality leads, a B2B-lead-generation service will reduce the amount of time you spend on cold calling. While the services offered by a B2B lead generation company may be beneficial for your business, you should be wary of companies that charge high rates for their services. The outsourced company will often charge you for services that you don't need. They may also charge you for clerical tasks that you're not interested in or that don't benefit your business. It is also essential to look for a B2B lead generation company that has experience in your specific industry.

Last edited by a moderator:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back