Prinergy 6 and JDF import

cementary

We're thinkin of movin' to prinergy 6.1 from prinergy connect 5.2
Our current workflow contain preps 5.3 as imposition software for makin' jdf files which we're importing to prinergy.
So i'd like to understand – do prinergy 6.1 support the jdf files made in preps 5.3 or we'll have to move to preps 6 (or 7)

Pretty sure yes.

We have Prinergy 6 and Preps 7.1, but we still re-use, and make some new, Preps Templates from 5.3.
We used to write pjtf when printing from Preps 5.3 to Prinergy 5, but we can still import those impositions into Prinergy 6. You can also open the old impositions into Preps 7 to edit (we do this all the time to add scaled creep) then CMD-P to save the new jdf.

The one thing you have to be really careful with Preps 6 or 7 is that you do not Save As Template and overwrite a Preps 5 Template with multiple Signatures. Preps 6 & 7 only support one Signature in each template.

Thank you for quick answer. So in prinergy 6 "prinegy 5-like" workflow can be used?
In other words: create jobcreate page setadd refined pagesimport jdf imposition (made in preps 5.3)?

I understand that you're probably already answered this. Just to make things clear for me (cause our kodak vendor claims that the workflow with prinergy 6.1 involves only preps 6 and 7. About preps 5.3 we're were told that only templates made with it can be used with prinergy 6.1 (after converting them with preps 6 or 7)

Your kodak vendor maybe correct, I'm using the full version of Prinergy, you are using the Connect version.

my old workflow (Prinergy 5)
create job - template selection (made in preps 5.3) - Prinergy automatically creates .job .pjtf and Page set - populate page set with refined pages

my new workflow (Prinergy 6)
create job - template selection (made in preps 5.3 or 7) - Prinergy automatically creates .jdf .job .pjtf and Page set - populate page set with refined pages

with my old workflow if I wanted to import a template from an old job I would select the .pftf from the previous Prinergy>J>Jobs>job number>System>Impositions>xxxxxxx.pjtf

with my new workflow I have two choices,
First choice is
Prinergy>J>Jobs>job number>System>Impositions>Preps>xxxxxxx.jdf
Second choice is
Prinergy>J>Jobs>job number>System>Impositions>xxxxxxx.pjtf
(which is the same as my old workflow)
The second choice is the only choice when the job was originated in Prinergy 5, Once I have my imposition I can Edit this using Preps 7.

You mean this template selection?
template selection.JPG

Could you please search in your prinergy 6: is there something like this dialog
import imposition.JPG

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back