Prinergy not seeing Q8 PS Geometry

Nick Danger

We are running Prinergy 5.1.2.1 and occasionally receive or generate Quark Postscripts / Distill in Acrobat and process into Prinergy.

Ex
Machine A - MAC G5 OS 10.6.4
Q8.1.6.2
Adobe PDF 8.0 Driver
Distiller 9
Distilled Postscripts come into Prinergy w/correct offsets

Machine B - MAC G5 OS 10.4.11
Q8.1.6.2
Adobe PDF 8.0 Driver
Distiller 9
Distilled Postscripts come into Prinergy w/incorrect offsets
If we load the Postscripts that we generate, they come in correctly...

I have verified that both machines are identical other than OS in Software, PPD and Distiller...It seems to me that the difference is Distiller, however, both machines have the same versions and settings...

Thanks,

Nd

When I worked in a Prinergy shop, I got good results by directly exporting the PDF from Quark 8. If you update to 8.12 it will even keep transparency live.

Quark introduced a checkbox in the print menu to include PDF Trimbox data with 8.1, is it the same on both macs?

Prior to that, Distiller probably needed help with a Prinergy startup file, is it possible that one of your Acrobat 9 didn't get that installed during the Workshop installation.

Quark introduced a checkbox in the print menu to include PDF Trimbox data with 8.1, is it the same on both macs?

Prior to that, Distiller probably needed help with a Prinergy startup file, is it possible that one of your Acrobat 9 didn't get that installed during the Workshop installation.

I was finally able to get it going by updating the Macs to 10.6.4 / 10.4.11 and Quark 8.1.6.2

Now they just fall right in...

Thanks everyone...

Nd

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back