Proofing Workflow in Apogee X

TheBigMatt

Hi Guys,

i know nothing about Apogee X except that i believe it uses Job Tickets for Workflow processing

i.e Normalize - Impose - Imposition proof - CTP Output

Or something similar.

What i need to know is, does the proofing Atom of the workflow output directly to a proofer OR does it simply send a file (Tiff??) to a drop folder on a proofing rip (Efi, Bestrip etc).

Can i decide to do the proofing colour management within Apogee or choose to do it on a Proof Rip?

Does Apogee control the printer linearisation or is it external via the proofing rip.

any info appreciated, along with any link to a User guide.

cheers Matt

Hi Matt,

I've done both scenarios and yes, Apogee can directly drive a proofer or it can export TIFF/PDF/PS to a 3rd party rip. If you choose to have Apogee drive a proofer, you need to have the proofer TP installed (Epson 9890 for example). With it, you can set your profiles, quality, ink set, and other settings directly. If you want to use a 3rd party rip, you can have Apogee export ripped TIFF/PDF/PS to a 3rd party rip. I currently export pre-separated TIFF files to a 3rd party rip that recombines the separations, renders, and outputs the proofs.

Best regards,
pd

Last edited:
Hi PD,
Great News, so the whole file export workflow will be a piece of cake from a profiling point of view. Would you happen to have any documentation for the Agfa Proofer workflow?? I assume there must be a color /profiling module.

cheers Matt

Hi Matt,

No specific documentation but Agfa does offer ColorTune software for profiling and QMS software for keeping your proofer(s) in check (via spectrophotometer). Your sales rep should be able to help you get started.

Cheers,
pd

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back