Prosetter 52 distorted dot

CHAVEZ

Dear Colleage:

Hi everybody, I have a problem with a Heidelberg Prosetter 52, the dot is distorted and suddenly lose the "synchrony" only in the data area, and the image is blur and the plate of course is unusable. The equipment never send any error message.

I am using the follow items:

Prosetter 52
User Interfaz version: 8.7
Windows 7 running on DELL Computer
Xitron Harlequin RIP Version 9.x with blue box interface

I appreciate your support, I tried get help from Xitron but they did not response.

Jose Chavez

DSCN4707.jpgERROR EN IMAGEN 4.jpg

Dear Raymond Ramirez; thank you for your response, let me tell you all the picture, in the morning I need to re-initialize at least 10 times, every intent sow the error 3229, "the high-water sensor is still active, after water blow-off", thereafter the CTP pass all the autoboot system until reach DONE, the machine is ready to work. Ok?, however all the plates has the same effect, the dot is like blurred or distorted, and the plate is unusable. On the Heidelberg diagnostic menu show 2 errors, the first one is about the LVDS card, does not pass the test. Is you see the image plate, you can see that only the image dots are distorted, the margin between exposed and unexposed is right. I think, is probable that the problem is on this board or with interface blue box from Xitron, but I do not know how to send a exposure direct from diagnostic menu or from hyperterminal conection. The second error is about the test water detect, neither pass the test. So I am confused, if the original problem on the air unit generate the problem or the LVDS card. The test about optic unit and mirror always pass correct.I appreciate your help. Thanks again.

Hi,

Somethings to check.
1. Load a plate into the mould and make sure that it remains flat. There is a green belt that has a horrible little rubber tag on one side which is known to break. So when the plate goes in it loosens over time which would take it out of focus.

2. Make sure the machine is earthed properly. I have seen very strange things happen with a bad earth.

3. Change the LVDs cable or make sure there is no interference from a power source.

4. If there is an air problem the spinner motor wont start and machine wont initialise. However if the compressor takes too long to build the pressure needed to pass then the piston and sleeve is shot. You can buy the sleeve and piston as a kit and fit it yourself.

5. Take the water traps off and clean and dry the 2 x metal terminals. They may have calcium on them and cause problems.

Regards
Colin.

Chavez, the prosetter attempts to purge the water trap twice during startup. Not only the filter bowl contacts are dirty as Colin said above but the first filter has been probably flooded causing pressure dropouts and spinner problems along the way. If you are familiar with the machine and don't mind dismantling things yourself take out both filters, clean them, replace the filter elements, then check all tubing from compressor and peltier cooler up to the pressure membrane sensor for leaking air. The compressor rarely fails. Quite often it's the pressure regulator to blame, very prone to corrosion, can be easily taken apart for a good clean. Put everything back and retest.
Don't forget to replace the filter elements from time to time and inspect the water drain valve monthly. Pneumatics is the no.1 failure point in these platesetters. Original filter elements may be hard to find. Install a similar filter arrangement from any other manufacturer, just be sure you have access to filter cartridge replacements at least once a year.

Dear friends, thanks for your adivices specially to, maxon, Ritchiec, and Raymond Ramirez. Well I want to let you know what was the solution for this problem. The LVDS interface card was damage, but I did al least 50 times the diagnostic from the Hiedelberg software, and always it reported green ligth, that means the card is in good condition. We replaced the board and now the system is working. good day

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back