Question about HP Latex 310, 315, 335

ravingbg

Hello,

I need an advice about this printers. We are a small family company based in Europe and I'm looking to buy one of this printers mainly for canvas and vinyl printing. We have the budget for the 310 and with some cuts we will manage to get 315. My question is, is there a big difference between this printers. Are the OMAS and the X-axis cutter important for printer loads like 5-10 square meters daily (50-100 sq feet). 335 is the maximum we can get, but we will have to take a loan and I don't know if we can use the full potential of the machine. I'll be glad to hear your opinions.

P.S. Sorry for bad English.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi Ravingbg,

Just my five cents. Based on the information you provided, I would recommend to buy a 310/315:
  • Canvas and vinyl as main applications
  • About less than 250 sqm/month
  • Maximum peak production of this printer is 1.400 sqm/month
However, based on your next 4-5 years plans, if you expect to produce more sqm and more applications (64” wide), then a 335 would be better...

When deciding between a 310 and 315, it’s important to understand if it’s worth for you to pay a little bit more for:
  • X-axis cutter: cuts effectively and automatically the job after being printed. Especially important when doing finishing, since it will be much easier to load the job in the contour cutter or laminator.
  • OMAS (without double-side printing): Precise and accurate control of media advance. No need to babysit the printer to check if the advance is correct or if there’s any horizontal banding.
Hope that helps.

BR, dani

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back