Question from newbie about unique identification on packaging

barryn56

Hi. I'm wanting to produce a new food product to the market and would like each package (cardboard square section tube) to have a unique identification on it (either inside or out). However, this seems to be difficult to find in the marketplace, to my surprise. Can anyone here point me to a resource for that? Thanks!

Depending on how large your edition is, digital print would be legit, right? You can make an QR code by variable data input and you'll have a bunch of packages with different ID.

Hi Tommie. Maybe, but I haven't found any company that offers that facility - I'm looking for an initial run of 1000 boxes.

Thanks, but these guys make printers - I'm looking for a printing company that provides the package with printing as a service.

Think about having the boxes printed, then apply a sticker/label to the box with your variable data?

Barry . . . Question 1. How big a box? 2. How thick is the paper. 3. does it have to be food grade reproduction?

It's possible that if the size and weight are within limits you could produce these digitally and have them die cut and assemble them yourself. But honestly we need more information. Also what part of Australia are you in?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back