Quick "bump plate" question...

lostmind

Hi all! We're printing this big solid (PMS) blue pocket folder and it was brought up that we should do a bump plate. Now, I haven't done a bump plate for many years and the pressman asked for a 90% and a 10 or 20% tint plate. From what I can remember, the original plate needs to be 100% and the second plate a screen. What percentages do you use for this? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi all! We're printing this big solid (PMS) blue pocket folder and it was brought up that we should do a bump plate. Now, I haven't done a bump plate for many years and the pressman asked for a 90% and a 10 or 20% tint plate. From what I can remember, the original plate needs to be 100% and the second plate a screen. What percentages do you use for this? Thanks!
Don't forget to give the two plates DIFFERENT color designations so you have two different color bars.
And if you can, add a percentage screen to the marks.
We might do this on one of the process colors, in Preps, and select the marks and change the designation amounts.
YMMV.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back