Quickly Add Bleed to a PDF in Adobe Acrobat

Hi Mike,

Thanks for producing that video. Indeed the Preflight feature of Acrobat can help creating bleed as you showed. But did you have a look at how PitStop handles such bleed issues? Our engine has a lot of advanced options (like extending vectors, clipping mask and eventually repeating pixels).
Those can be really helpful ;)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for producing that video. Indeed the Preflight feature of Acrobat can help creating bleed as you showed. But did you have a look at how PitStop handles such bleed issues? Our engine has a lot of advanced options (like extending vectors, clipping mask and eventually repeating pixels).
Hi Loica,
ever seen pitstop going nuts on barcodes or thin lines on the edge of files?
This occurs a lot.

Hi Mike,

No doubt. PitStop is a great program and I've used it many times in the past. If you can afford it and will use most of its features on a day to day, I would recommend it.

However, not everyone has it, so people are always asking for work arounds.

Hi Mike,

Love me some PitStop.

Love me some PitStop.
PitStop is great. Not gonna lie. But PitStop also costs money. If I can use something I already have to do what I need, why pay more money? I worked at a shop that used PitStop, but it was really overkill for what I needed. Most of my fix-ups can be done in Illustrator or directly in Acrobat, so we ended up not upgrading PitStop for the next generation. It is a nice program if you have it, but I don't need to go out and buy it. Thanks.

PitStop is great. Not gonna lie. But PitStop also costs money. If I can use something I already have to do what I need, why pay more money? I worked at a shop that used PitStop, but it was really overkill for what I needed. Most of my fix-ups can be done in Illustrator or directly in Acrobat, so we ended up not upgrading PitStop for the next generation. It is a nice program if you have it, but I don't need to go out and buy it. Thanks.
I agree. I have found over the years little work arounds that are easy and get the job done without spending any money at all on software. This bleed is a great tool and I have already started using it as I used to do this manually to fix/add bleeds. I also watched the pitstop video and that looks great as well, but simple mirroring works fine for 99.99% of my needs when I need to add bleed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back