Rampage quits when selecting Network Path...

When I click "Network Path..." to choose my FPO Destination, Rampage either freezes and/or unexpectedly quits. It worked fine for the first few jobs yesterday, then it started doing this all of a sudden. Everything works fine my other Mac. Everything except choosing the Network Path works fine on my computer.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I just noticed the default FPO Destination on the Ripping Profile was changed. I changed it to the main folder on our server and now it is working again.
The folder it was changed to yesterday is a valid folder, so I'm still not too sure why it would cause Rampage to quit.

When I click "Network Path..." to choose my FPO Destination, Rampage either freezes and/or unexpectedly quits. It worked fine for the first few jobs yesterday, then it started doing this all of a sudden. Everything works fine my other Mac. Everything except choosing the Network Path works fine on my computer.

Just to clarify, it's your RAMpage *Client* software on your Mac that's having the issue, not the RAMpage software running on the RIPs, Shooters, etc., correct?

One possibility is if you're connecting to your network volumes via SMB instead of AFP....only AFP is supported as far as I know.

The other possibility is that you're selecting a Network Path that is not available to the RAMpage boxes on your network...although this usually doesn't cause a problem with the Client but usually manifests itself later when one of the RAMpage boxes tries to resolve the path (saving an FPO for example) and then can't find it.

Terry

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back