Refilling toners in an OKI C9800

RafalWM

Hi, we've been running our offset business about 15 years now and just recently started in the digital world :) Because of the bad economy we were forced to wait with our plans of buying a Konica Minolta or Xerox and got a cheap used OKI C9800 for cash instead. It's being used basically only for business cards, invitations etc.
My question is, are the refill kits you can get on ebay any good? I've heard that you can ruin the machine with this stuff, but I'm not sure if it's just hype or are the people saying this right.
Has anyone here had experiences with these refill kits?
I would buy original inks for practically any other brand but the OKI series is very expensive.
My other question is, what is the best way to check how much a full page of print costs? I mean for something like a brochure?
They say 5% will get 15K copies done, but I'm not sure how to make a proper calculation here.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back