Return Address Labels

famerdave

Hello,

We are a new shop without a lot of gear, but we've had a large influx of people asking us to print "Return Address Labels" for them. From what I've gathered, most people want them on sheets, and not in rolls. I've thought about outsourcing them to Vistaprint but I started thinking if I could do them in house it would be much better and more economical. Does anyone know of a label stock that I could run on my Canon imagePRESS C710?

Or another outsourcing company that I could use?

Thanks

Avery has a template for damn near everything, and from there you can likely find an offbrand version of their stock that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

We print hundreds of thousands of sheets onto various A4 “laser label” stock. For mail merges we create the PDF using Word mail merge which has the Avery compatible templates inbuilt. For non variable data, we use our own Indesign templates to make the PDF.

Make sure your substrate takes the straightest path, I.e. avoid trays under the engine, and output face up. You will get jams from time to time and they can be ten times more horrible than a paper jam, especially when a label has detached itself from the backing sheet and attached itself somewhere inaccessible.

Through trial and error and advice from this forum, we now have much fewer problems, still using cost effective, non PCL unbranded label stocks. Periodic cleaning of fuser exit areas including separation claws when you get a jam or start to get dog eared output, makes a massive difference to results.

Hello,

We are a new shop without a lot of gear, but we've had a large influx of people asking us to print "Return Address Labels" for them. From what I've gathered, most people want them on sheets, and not in rolls. I've thought about outsourcing them to Vistaprint but I started thinking if I could do them in house it would be much better and more economical. Does anyone know of a label stock that I could run on my Canon imagePRESS C710?

Or another outsourcing company that I could use?

Thanks
online labels (more user friendly) gf labels (much cheaper)

I got 11x17 sheets from OnlineLabels.com These are great because you save on a click charge and they come with a perforation so you can make them into 8.5x11s after printing quite easily.

I got 11x17 sheets from OnlineLabels.com These are great because you save on a click charge and they come with a perforation so you can make them into 8.5x11s after printing quite easily.
That's rather cool. Their US site has 515 SKUs versus 162 SKUs on the UK site, which only offers sheets as A4.

I started thinking if I could do them in house it would be much better and more economical.
If the demand is there for printing return address labels, do it! It's so easy for digital printers - no variable data, you can go 30+ up on letter size, and the ink coverage is light. Just create a reliable template and make sure the paper weight settings on your Canon are correct.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back