Ricoh c5310 - fiery locking up after copy 62 or 63 of a booklet

bcr

This has happened twice now, first attempt at booklet 62 of 300 and the second on booklet 63.

It fails to start the next copy, the blue status light flashes, lots of fans etc are staying active but nothing is happening. I have to restart the fiery and send the job from scratch.

Any ideas?

This has happened twice now, first attempt at booklet 62 of 300 and the second on booklet 63.

It fails to start the next copy, the blue status light flashes, lots of fans etc are staying active but nothing is happening. I have to restart the fiery and send the job from scratch.

Any ideas?
It's also doing this after running out of paper.

Once replenished nothing happens

my Ricoh 8100 does this (out of paper) lock up on occasions. I think reseting the printer and fiery stops it though (for a while)

Reactions: bcr
Have you tried opening a door and closing it (as if you're clearing a jam)? I've noticed this often resets something on other printers I've used.
Thanks - yeah I stumbled on that accidentally before I saw your reply. Seems to work half of the time. Very weird.

The half where it doesn't work, I can't see the status screen from the monitor on the printer. I get a *not programmed* message. I'll need to cancel and restart the run from CW?

Is this variable data booklets or just multiple copies of the same one? Did it happen twice to the same job or completely different jobs?

Is this variable data booklets or just multiple copies of the same one? Did it happen twice to the same job or completely different jobs?
Not variable was just trying to print 100 copies of the same booklet. Each time was the same exact job.

Didn't dare to risk it today on a different booklet so just did batches of 40

Not variable was just trying to print 100 copies of the same booklet. Each time was the same exact job.

Didn't dare to risk it today on a different booklet so just did batches of 40
I've witnessed the same issue with one of my customers and it's been escalated to Fiery and we're waiting for a response. If you can, I would encourage you to get in touch with your Ricoh SE (sols engineer who did your training) who will gather the data and escalate to our production support center. The more the merrier!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back