Ricoh calibration page vs Versant. Why so different?

Haunts

I'll try to explain this the best i can, so we now have a Ricoh c9100 which is new to me, i've always run a Versant 3100. Both machines pretty much print identical colours for the majority of jobs but the Ricoh struggles with light tints and i've noticed there's a big difference in the calibration sheets. See the attached image, i've sliced the 2 strips where its most noticeable (black to yellow and magenta to cyan) and put them together to compare. You can see the gradient is a lot wider on the Versant strips and i think this is where the issue is? If you have a Ricoh whats your gradients like on the calibration page?
MVIMG_20220404_115809 New1.jpg

Yeah that doesn't look right. Are the maximum densitys changed in skilled operators or on the custom paper?

Do all the output profiles look like that?

Do you not have Fiery Color Profiler? It would be better to use that for calibration.

I'll try to explain this the best i can, so we now have a Ricoh c9100 which is new to me, i've always run a Versant 3100. Both machines pretty much print identical colours for the majority of jobs but the Ricoh struggles with light tints and i've noticed there's a big difference in the calibration sheets. See the attached image, i've sliced the 2 strips where its most noticeable (black to yellow and magenta to cyan) and put them together to compare. You can see the gradient is a lot wider on the Versant strips and i think this is where the issue is? If you have a Ricoh whats your gradients like on the calibration page?View attachment 291308
Try Running 0201 Adjust Image Density – Manual Execute before calibrating.
From calibration settings try running 54(?) or whatever the max patches are, and randomized.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back