save quark 7 as quark 6.5

gypsygirl325

I just had to upgrade to quark 7. I will still need to open files in quark 6.5 for one client. In quark 7 when i go to file > export layouts as projects > 6.0 and try and open the doc in quark 6, it crashes my quark 6. How can do this?

Do you have the latest Quark 6 (v6.52) installed? I remember there were a lot of problems with "downgraded" files from Quark 7 if your Quark 6 is not at least version 6.52.

If you have "upgraded", don't you still have 6.52 as a separate install? Just open with that...or am I missing something?
Our in-house GDs reverted to 6.52 after their QLA server setup failed, and being staid, (and lazy), they went back to 6.52. When I found out, I "reverted" too...LOL. Wouldn't dream of launching 7 for their jobs.
Just my 2 bob's worth.

upgraded to quark version 6.52 so downsaving files works now!

i am having some issues when working in 6.52:

- step & repeat box - the fields don't show up until I hit tab a few times

- can't copy and paste a font into the tool bar - gives me an error message that the font doesn't exist and have to physically scroll to find it in the font menu

- when i export as pdf the page range doesn't seem to work properly

any fixes for these items?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back