Screen PR 8800 (Need Help)

revaza28

I'm going to buy PR 8800 (year 2008), Plates counter: 350000... will it work? is this nuber (350K) many?... sorry for my english

Revaza 28,
Just make sure that the laser head and the drum is securely locked down for transport, preferably by a Screen certified service provider.
Screen makes excellent CTP devices and you should see many more years of use on this machine.

This is quite a lot of plates on the count. Kindly check the laser IOPD values and find out whether the machine was on a screen maintainance contract

PT-R8800 is a GLV recorder, not led as the other models. So at the top of my head IOPD does not apply here. Anyway it is a lovely machine, but as the others said 350k is a lot of plates. But check it carefully and maybe ask them to produce test plates for you.

Changing GLV head by yourself is pretty much not an option. The price for GLV head is quite expensive compared to the single led diodes that you have in other PT-R models, but I do not know the exact price. You should ask from the local Screen dealer.

Changing GLV head by yourself is pretty much not an option. The price for GLV head is quite expensive compared to the single led diodes that you have in other PT-R models, but I do not know the exact price. You should ask from the local Screen dealer.

I'am from Georgia, there is no any local screen dealer/service...

GLV machines are really good machines, but 350k plates for 6 years are more than enough. PT-R8800 is a working horse and it will serve you well. Please not the laser diode values U and L and the reserve current. The difference must be big. But.. this machine needs really a service man when you install it and adjust it. GLV head is not an easy job and you can have very big trouble with banding.
The final decision is yours :)
Best Regards

GLV machines are really good machines, but 350k plates for 6 years are more than enough. PT-R8800 is a working horse and it will serve you well. Please not the laser diode values U and L and the reserve current. The difference must be big. But.. this machine needs really a service man when you install it and adjust it. GLV head is not an easy job and you can have very big trouble with banding.
The final decision is yours :)
Best Regards

hi
at 110k plate count laser bandings are seen...
how do set up beam balance and rpm..

Clean the head inside and the final optics, and check the pump VP41. Probably it is not working at all.

Clean the head inside and the final optics, and check the pump VP41. Probably it is not working at all.

head cover opened and cleaned all mirror and glv and cover till the beam sensor.. a few times but no improvements.. blower and sucker mouths and tubes have been removed and cleaned,, pumps are working fine..

Please set up focus, zoom, fine focus, drum rotation speed for the plates. The banding can be caused by an inproper settings or something not working.

I have screen ptr 8000ii and i need rip software, dongle, pci card and dongle all together , if u have it please send me detail and price soon its urgent , thank you

I buy used 8800III in fist plate we see banding technician decide to go with new glv we buy second hand glv but came in another base model he try to install it but image is worse now any help ?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back