Sharpening Cutter Blade

AP90

Where do you guys get your cutter blades sharpened at? Im in a fairly remote part of Indiana and the nearest place I've found to get my blades sharpened is about an hours drive. Is there maybe some type of place that I haven't searched for that will sharpen them? For example, no outdoor place around me has the ability to sharpen them. I searched for knife sharpening and thats what I could find. Id appreciate any help as to another industry/business types that would sharpen them. Thanks!

I'm also from Indiana! We get at least some of our blades sharpened at Accurate Cutting Technologies. Fairly cheap and they deliver to us.

Check with your paper distributor. Many will do a pick up and delivery at your shop and the sharpening service picks up and delivers blades at the distributor.

I bought a new blade from Jorson & Carlson and had them sharpen my old one just to try them out. I usually use a local guy but my old blade had an arch or something that he said he couldn't correct but J&C said they had the equipment. I'm in Maryland and I think it was less than $50 with shipping (a blade for a 20" cutter).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back