Shooter box

almaink

Our shooter box shxx the bed over the weekend. Does anyone know if any old PC work or if I need to buy something special to replace it? I called Fuji and they pretty much told me if I do that it may or may not work. If I buy one from their guy its a slam dunk and they can have me back up remotely in less than an hour. Waiting on a price from Fuji but I figured I'd ask here too.

As long as you can attach the dongle/hasp, I'd assume you could load the software to get it running. If you need to move an interface card, that'd be the only area that I could see being a possible issue. I'd say try, the worst that could happen is that you fry the electrical grid and black-out your surrounding community.

What went wrong on the 'old' shooter? If it's a drive or power supply then I'd repair instead of replace....

We used to have Rampage and the shooter handled the spooling and screening. If I recall correctly, without the proprietary screening board the shooter is a boat anchor. I would be concerned whether or not a generic PC would work. The hasp dongle may be looking for hardware configuration beyond just the presence of the screening board.

That's just my two cents worth.

We used to have Rampage and the shooter handled the spooling and screening. If I recall correctly, without the proprietary screening board the shooter is a boat anchor. I would be concerned whether or not a generic PC would work. The hasp dongle may be looking for hardware configuration beyond just the presence of the screening board.

That's just my two cents worth.

I had my shooter crap out a few months ago. Replaced with an old PC and it works fine.
Screening is all software. Only interface card is a firewire to the platesetter.

I found a PC at Tiger Direct that will work. Fuji wanted over 5 grand to replace it, the one from Tiger Direct was under $500. Turns out all I needed was a PC with an old school PCI 33 slot for the Screener card.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back