SignaStation and Proof Color page boxes

SignaQ

Hello all,
I'm working on a fresh install of the Prinect workflow with SignaStation, Cockpit, and Meta driving the platesetter and proofer. The problem is that on the proof (Epson 7800) we only want the Trimbox to print, what I'm getting is both the trim box and the page box, and there is the belief that the second box(the pagebox) will introduce confusion on the client side.

Is there a way to turn off one (the pagebox) while still outputting the other (the trim box). It seems to be all or nothing. In the Device template in Cockpit I can turn the Trimbox on or off, and still get the pagebox, or I can tell it simply not to output "ProofColor", but its the Trimbox I want as we currently Rule-up proofs before sending them out.

Seems like it should be pretty straight forward, but seems not to be. Any input would help. Thanks

Last edited:
Although I don't clearly understand what you are referring to. In regards to Proof Color there are a few places this is/can be configured based upon the type of Prinect install you have.
In Prinect Cockpit you can control this in the proof or output sequence. (This would not apply to a Printready P configuration).
In Signa Station you can control this in "Output Parameter Sets" in Resources & Machines.

Hopefully that helped... If that doesn't help scan a proof or upload a PDF showing what the difference in the trim (the solid green line?) and page box marks (the dotted green line?) you are referring to are.

If you look at the attached PDF you will see it has 2 Proof color boxes around it, the inside box is actual trim, the outside box is trim plus bleed.

We really only want the inside TrimBox to appear on our color proofs

I've made systematic changes in a variety of places and can't seem to find the setting that would get rid of only the outside box. These include group and sequence templates in cockpit, and both Preferences and Output parameter sets in Signa. All of this is happening before the jobs go to Meta for plateing or actual proofing.

Thanks

Attachments

• Page Box.pdf
    15.7 KB · Views: 213
From what I have just finished searching through the help and playing with some configurations it appears this is an all or nothing option and is not customizable.

From Signa Station Help v3.0.30 (812.2)
• "Proof color": With this option, you decide whether the "proof color" will also be output or not. If this option is enabled, the outlines of the 1 ups and the sheet are shown during the output.
• "Dimensions in Proof Color"
You can also output the dimensions as the Proof Color if you enabled the dimensions with "View Properties" in the graphic window.
This requires that the previous item, "ProofColor", is also enabled.

I have only worked in one shop that utilizes proof color and it was a tooth and nail fight with the sales department to get them to go along with it. It provides great benefits when proofing out fully imposed sheets. You may want to turn clipping to sheet rather than just printing the entire plate in your Prinect Cockpit sequence. This may make the press sheet edge line disappear and could possibly save you lots of proofing paper over time.

Last edited:
Try this ...

Look in the Qualify sequence -> Preflighting area and adjust the settings so that all of the other "boxes" get overwritten or removed. Like "Media and crop box are differing" -> set crop box as media box (example)

You also can set the Trim box info to be overwritten.

This will hopefully get rid of any duplicate Trim boxes (trim box with bleed ... etc) I thought you could only have one ... things change I guess.

In the ImpositionProof sequence template -> Marks Replacement ... activate Draw Page Trim Box

Now at this point I can't remember if you have to activate or deactivate the Remove ProofColor box in the Rendering area.

Hope this helps.

I've been distracted from this particular issue as some more important things came up and its seems not to be as confusing to the customers as was originally thought. I've tried most variations on the themes mentioned here to no avail. I will try the Blue Shadows "overwrite or remove" suggestion as soon as i get the chance and let you know how things go.

Thanks for all the input.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back