signastation on 64bit?

crestar

can signastation run on a 64 bit system(win7 or vista)? i am also using cs4. i will be upgrading to metadimension 75 and would like to know if it can use the graphics card(gpu) to process faster?

Dear crestar,
the Signastation will work on Windows Server 2008 64-bit and Vista 32-bit without problems.
Currently we are in test running Signastation on Windows 7 – 32 and 64 bit.

For impostion in Signastation we use PDF files and Adobe engines which currently do not support GPU acceleration. I personally dont think that this is a realy must if you work on a PC with enough RAM and todays CPU power.

Regards
Mark Ihlenfeldt
PM Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG

Mark, thanks for your answer. it is very helpful as we will be upgrading next week and wanted to know what computer and os to get. with us using 64bit we will move much faster, as we currently have 4gb ram on vista 32bit running metadimension 52. is there any way i can know when i can possibly move to windows 7 64bit, as the south african branch of heidelberg was not sure of it. thanks again

Dear crestar,
64 Bit does not necessarily let the software run faster - if you have 4GB of RAM in your PC, that is a valid argument to switch to 64Bit - you have then ~500 – 1000MB more RAM available.

I am a bit puzzled - do you want to install the Signastation on the MetaDimension PC?
We do not reccommend to do so, that really throttles your RIP performance (RAM, Acrobat etc.).

Currently we have not finalized our testing of Windows 7 (remember, it is not even officially released yet) and honestly, testing Windows 7 64Bit this is not the highest on our priority list. So today, I cannot give a date - sorry.

Regards
Mark

Mark
sorry about the confusion meta is on a seperate pc.i meant the Imposition Editor . i was finding out about win 7 as i have vista currently running. signastation will be be on a seperate computer. with 64bit i am hoping to add 8+gigs of ram. thanks again

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back