Simple character substitution??

There has got to be a very easy way to do this.... In a Data Transformer, we have a series of String Manipulation FCVs. We want to remove occurrences of !@z with a single newline. How do we indicate a single newline? Any special characters we need? (If we just do a newline in the replace with box, we see two newlines in the doc.) We have tried things like \n and '\n'. Since this is in a block of text with multiple paragraphs and spacing lines, we can't use ignore newlines to get rid of the extra newline.

Hi Doug,

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish, or, what language you are doing this in (SQL? maybe) in most languages a "new line" is usually the result of two ASCII codes: CR (carriage return) + LF(line feed) CR+LF - ascii decimal char(10)+ascii decimal char(13).

In the command that you are using, I'm assuming "\n" is generating those two ascii characters. If you are trying to just remove !@z and make the line end there, is there a different command for just "Carriage Return" (without the Line Feed), or maybe even "VT" (Vertical Tab)?

My suggestion might not help any since I'm not familiar with the commands you are using, if not, sorry about that.

-Best

MailGuru

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back