Stochastic Digital Printing

jlind

I just saw a variable data piece from NewPage that showed stochastic patterns of dots. What machine do you think was used?
Not Indigo
Could be a Xeikon, since I used a Chromapress in the past that had a stochastic option.
Any others?

John Lind
Cranberry Township, PA
724-776-4718

Any Fiery can print it's own version of a Stochastic dot pattern, is this what you mean?

We have this option on our Xerox 5000 but only ever use it for fine text, as it gives a better result than a dot or straight line structure.

All the Xerox production boxes can do it, I would assume as long as the front end supports it, just about any manufacture could.

I have seen NewPage Futura swatch samples printed with iGen, Nexpress and Indigo.

Every now and then I will print Stochastic on my 8000AP, some jobs just look better.

All the Xerox production boxes can do it, I would assume as long as the front end supports it, just about any manufacture could.

I have seen NewPage Futura swatch samples printed with iGen, Nexpress and Indigo.

Every now and then I will print Stochastic on my 8000AP, some jobs just look better.

Much the same as us Craig - certain jobs look better, as I said fine text seems to look better with the stochastic screening option.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back