Stroke On Type

GuruMorgor

Just rec'd some files to be printed for a client done in InDesign 5.5. There is a script font that has a .1 pt stroke on it and I'm guessing she did it to add weight. So I make a PDF - Press Quality/PDF/X-4 - and the stroke is very jagged on the type with the stroke at 100% view. Zooming in makes it go away and it prints fine. I tried a few other methods of making the PDF but to no avail. This has probably been discussed here before and I did try a few searches here and @ B4print and found nothing. Anybody ever deal with this?

I encounter this a lot with PDFX/1a showing thin lines (atomic region borders) which is typically just a PDF display thing. When in doubt, I zoom in and sure enough the lines are either gone or disappear after I uncheck the "Smooth line art" box of the page display preference.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back