Teaching Creatives

gordo

661 Teaching Creatives.jpg

Besides, all my files look good on my screen, so ... what's the problem?
man! that is the worst

I had a "professional" photographer's client complain to me that the photos were flat and bleh. Then the photographer came to complain to me and said JUST THAT! I asked, "is your monitor calibrated to my press?" He didn't understand.

Also, I hate Canva sooooo much. Everyone thinks they're a designer now. And they get annoyed with me that I can't provide tech support for canva... not my job, but also, i've never used canva.

Also, I hate Canva sooooo much. Everyone thinks they're a designer now. And they get annoyed with me that I can't provide tech support for canva... not my job, but also, i've never used canva.
I don't mind canva so much. We have screenshots of the settings in Canva and we are slowly getting more files with bleeds now that I can send them screenshots and show them how to download with a bleed and keep their stuff away from the edges of the file. I do dislike that canva locked the CMYK download behind a paywall though. That was pretty uncool of them but I understand they ave to make money somehow.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back