trying to batch process the changing of button properties in PDF

jimlin

I have a PDF that has several buttons placed throughout. Unfortunately, all the links in the button properties are incomplete. I need to add the same url to the existing link that currently exists. This can be done manually by going to tools > advanced editing > button tool. This highlights all the buttons in the doc. I can then double click on each to bring up it's properties, then edit the web link under: button properties > actions.

But to do this on a large scale is far from ideal, and I am looking to batch process this somehow. We do use Pitstop here (in Acrobat 7). I have a copy of Acrobat 8, but that version doesn't have Pitstop.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Re: trying to batch process the changing of button properties in PDF

Neither Acrobat nor PitStop have the functionality required to batch change URLs used in actions. There are, however, various 3rd party tools that do focus on that particular feature. Do a web search...

Leonard

Re: trying to batch process the changing of button properties in PDF

I had some luck with selecting multiple fields, at the same time, and updating the links and values. I used copy and paste, a lot, too.

I did a quick search and found about a dozen programs, that offer what you might need.

My only advice is to test the form across multiple platforms, if you distribute it widely. We had some problems with PDF forms, a while back. We never figured out the problem, (I claim it was due to not enough testing) but we have a lot of embarrassed people here, who refuse to use PDF forms again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back